Sunday, January 18, 2009

Super Bowl!!!!

Let me tell you what was supposed to happen today (according to Philly and the mainstream media):

Eagles great defensive guru Jim Johnson would blitz Kurt Warner into a terrible game.

  • Kurt Warner is near perfect, completing 21 of 28 passes for 279 yards and 4 TDs.
Asante Samuel would be able to contain Larry Fitzgerald
  • Fitz catches 9 balls for 152 yard and 3 TDs, Samuel did not have a chance. Maybe it was foolish to think he ever could.
The Cards only sold out their game because so many Eagles fans bought tickets
  • I was at the game, you could not hear them, at all.
The Cards only won in Carolina because of Jake Delhomme
  • Cards jump out to 24-6 lead, and hold on to win, proving that they belong (something I should not have had to do).
Philly was the team of destiny, Cards have no shot.
  • Really? Philly has made a living off losing the NFC Championship game. How could they have been a lock?
Three Points:
  1. I gotta say, that game was the single greatest sporting event I've ever been to. Walking out of that stadium was surreal, I don't think I have ever been around so much unbridled joy. It will always be the highlight of my sports life.
  2. The drive. 14 plays, 72 yards, 8 minutes, a TD and one NFC title.
  3. This normally is not my thing, but I am taking great pleasure in the Eagles loss. I was beyond disgusted by their media and fan base this week. Everyone should have respect for their opponent, they had none. All I heard all week was how much the Cardinals sucked and how it was an insult to even think they could win. I know the Eagle team themselves did not think this way, but you have to believe that the complete arrogance of the city rubbed off on them. You, Eagle fan, deserve this. This is what you get. Show more respect next time. I just know I will never show your city respect ever again.
And with that brief recap it is time to celebrate, because the Arizona Cardinals are in the freaking SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: